Nine Warning Signs of Screen Media Addiction
1. Unsuccessful Control: It is hard for my child to stop using screen media.
2. Loss of Interest: Screen media is the only thing that seems to motivate my child.
3. Preoccupation: Screen media is all my child seems to think about.
4. Psychosocial Consequences: My child’s screen media use interferes with family activities.
5. Serious Problems Due to Use: My child’s screen media use causes problems for the family.
6. Withdrawal: My child becomes frustrated when he/she cannot use screen media.
7. Tolerance: The amount of time my child wants to use screen media keeps increasing.
8. Deception: My child sneaks using screen media.
9. Escape/Relieve Mood: When my child has had a bad day, screen media seems to be the only thing that helps him/her feel better.